Earlier this month on June 8th when Tim Cook (CEO of Apple Inc.) took the stage for the 26th Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) for the keynote, he along with management, lead engineers, vice-presidents and other key personnel shared lot of interesting facts and statistics from the company’s sales and shipments through to financials and other figures.
We have put together the key numbers from this year’s Apple WWDC keynote for you in an Infographics.
- 100 Billion is the total number of apps downloaded from app store so far. Apps are downloaded at a whopping rate of 850 per second.
- More than 1.5 Million apps are available on the app store, up from 1.2 Million in 2014.
- 195,000 is the number of educational apps in the app store.
- 119 is the number of apps an average person has on his/her iDevice.
- 83% is the adoption rate for iOS 8 so far ie., the number of iPhone & iPad users on the latest version of iOS (iOS8).
- 5 billion is the total no. of user requests served by Apple’s Maps every week, which is 3.5x higher than Google Maps, its closest competitor.
- 1 Billion is the number of requests served by Siri per week. Siri is Apple’s answer to Google Now, Google’s personal assistant on Android & Chrome for desktop.
<div style="clear:both"><a href="https://crayond.com/blog/apple-wwdc-2015-infographics/"><img src="https://crayond.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/apple-wwdc-2015-infographics.png" title="Apple WWDC 2015 in Numbers" alt="Apple WWDC 2015 in Numbers" border="0" width="700" /></a></div>
Image Source: flickr/thomasrix